Parenting Can Be Difficult…
- Do you feel like you have lost control of your role as a parent?
- Do you find yourself shouting at your child more often than laughing with your child?
- Do you feel you have lost touch with your child…don’t feel as close as you’d like?
- Do you feel frustrated and find yourself saying the same things over and over, with no results?
- Would you like for your relationship with your child to be different or to go back to the “way it used to be”?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, Child-Parent-Relationship (C-P-R) Training Can Help!
When children have problems, sometimes they don’t have the words to talk about them. Play gives children a way to communicate feelings they don’t understand or can’t express any other way.
Play therapy has been shown to be an effective intervention with children for a variety of behavioural and emotional difficulties. Research has shown that motivated parents can be trained to be as effective as play therapists using play therapy skills with their own children.
Research studies have shown that Child-Parent-Relationship (C-P-R) Training can:
Reduce or eliminate behaviour problems
Enhance the parent-child relationship
Develop responsibility and self-control in children
Increase children’s self-esteem and self-confidence
Increase parents’ feelings of warmth for their children
C-P-R Training is a weekly 10-session programme for parents of children under 10 yrs. of age.
Some of the things you will learn include:
How to help your child open up to you
Therapeutic limit setting
Recognising emotional needs and building self-esteem
Fostering creativity, self-control, and self-responsibility
If you would like to find out more or book C-P-R Training sessions with Jade you can do so directly using the contact details on the "Find Jade" page above.